Do you have healthy sleep cycles? Do you know what regulates circadian rhythms? Do you know what is one of the most EFFECTIVE antioxidants in the body? Have you ever heard of redox cycling? You’re about to learn something very important. Keep reading. How would YOU like to protect your body against DNA mutations? Guess what DNA mutations are …. that’s right – cancer. You want some armor for that battle my friends? We’re talking about natural cancer remedy here.
You could have the most “coordinated defense” by taking quality melatonin nightly. You didn’t know? Many MDs don’t discuss this properly, if at all. You need a Naturopathic Physician to tell you. They understand nutrition and real remedy, not symptom cover-up medications. Good sleep cycles also regenerate healthy tissue. Think about that for a minute, then read these top seven reasons you need a good night’s rest, EVERY night:
#1. Healthy sleep cycles are one of the greatest practices to maximize health and optimize daily performance. Melatonin is a super hormone that is produced in the body and helps initiate the sleep cycle. This hormone is also known to enhance healing and regenerative processes within the body. Maximize melatonin secretion with simple strategies to improve your sleep cycles. ‘
2. Melatonin is a critical hormone produced by the pineal gland in the absence of light stimulation. This hormone is responsible for inducing a state of sleep and regulating circadian rhythms that govern our sleep-wake cycle. Melatonin has been identified as one of the greatest free radical scavengers in the body. It has been shown to powerfully suppress tumor growth in the body.
3. Melatonin is considered one of the most effective anti-oxidants in the body due to its ability to very easily diffuse across cell membranes and the blood brain barrier. Melatonin is a direct scavenger of metabolic byproducts such as OH, O2-, and nitric oxide.
4. Melatonin is very unique in that it does not undergo redox cycling (a cycle of reduction and oxidation) like most anti-oxidants such as vitamin C. Redox cycling can be a dangerous process because it opens the window to allow an anti-oxidant to also produce free radicals. Once melatonin is oxidized it forms several stable end products that cannot be reduced upon reacting with free radicals. It is one of the very few terminal anti-oxidants.
5. Melatonin is one of the bodies’ most powerful protective agents against DNA mutations. Therefore it is one of the greatest natural cancer remedies. It plays a very important role in protecting against inflammation and free radical damage in the brain due to its ease of flow across the blood brain barrier. It has also been shown to increase the average life span of mice by 20% in some studies.
6. Other studies have shown that melatonin improves cytokine function. This allows for greater immune sensitivity which allows for a more coordinated immune defense against infectious disease. Enhanced immune coordination also reduces auto-immune and chronic inflammatory conditions.
#7. Healthy melatonin levels and good sleep cycles are also known to influence human growth hormone (HGH). HGH is known to influence the body to burn fat, build and regenerate healthy lean body tissue, to repair collagen which is necessary for healthy skin formation, to improve bone density and to enhance immunity. Good sleep cycles improve HGH secretion and utilization in the body. Learn more: